Sunday, May 29, 2011

Peter's Nuptial's

My former co-worker Peter Kim got married this month and, at my age, I don't have many friends jumping the broom. So I felt that I should be there to support him on entering such a new and huge phase in life. I was also really interested in seeing my first Korean wedding. I'd heard so many stories about them being in chapels and lasting for 15 minutes, with another wedding party coming directly after.



But aside from everything being spoken in Korean, it felt like any American wedding. The church was huge. So huge that they showed the ceremony on a big screen at the front of the church and had everyone microphone-d up. The reverend did most of the talking, and every once in a while he would make a joke. A joke that i didn't understand. Because I don't speak Korean. But you know who else didn't understand the jokes? The baby sitting in front of us who kept staring at me.



It was a very nice ceremony. Unfortunately, my camera died early on, so I didn't get many pictures. But the cool thing is that after the wedding, we were all able to take pictures with the newlyweds in groups. It just so happened that the "friends of the groom" group was mainly composed of foreigners.



Hopefully I'll get a chance to see the pictures taken by the photographer, because I'm sure they look great. And after all of the posing and smiling, there was a buffet across the street. The spread was stupendous. But I don't want to make it seem like the food was more important. This day was all about supporting my friend and celebrating his big day.



Congratulations Peter and Seong-hye Kim (sorry the picture's so blurry, I told you my camera died).

No comments:

Post a Comment