Sunday, March 6, 2011

Return of the Blog AKA Under The Sea

Hey there, it's been a while. Yeah, I know, it's completely my fault. I kinda let my blog fall by the wayside. It's not that I don't enjoy sharing these stories. And it's not that I've stopped having adventures. I just kept putting off these updates until it reached the point where I forgot it existed. But I've blown the dust off my blogger and we're already through the first paragraph.

So, let's give this another try, shall we?

This is gonna be a simple one. I'll slowly reclaim my blog, but this one is mostly for the pictures. If you know me, you know that I think aquariums are one of the most worthwhile experiences that any human being can have. It's one of the reasons I love going to Chicago. Me and Shedd get along rather well.



They're timeless; enjoyable for babies who are mesmerized by bright colors, adults who like reliving they're first time seeing a dolphins dance, or that 20-something year old who maintains an affection for giant turtles.



If you've ever heard of the Coex Mall in Seoul, you'll know there's a massive movie theater, a nearby exhibition hall, and a kimchi museum (haven't been there). But it also houses a rather lovely aquarium.







Of course these big bright swimmers will catch your attention with their stunning display. But they also find creative ways of showcasing the smaller fish, by putting them into glass harps and toilet bowls. Though I think the latter could cause some painful memories for certain children.



Along with the citizens of the aquatic, there's also a small section of lizards that you might enjoy, but my favorite oxygen-breathing exhibit was the batcave. Ok, not so much a cave as a bunch of tree branches spaced between a painted wall and a sheet of glass. But they look comfortable right?



But my favorite part of any aquarium is always when I see the penguins. I love those little fuzzy guys. So majestic, yet so cute.



It's not the most extensive exposition of marine life, but it's a fun trip nonetheless. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures and if you ever end up in Seoul, maybe spend an afternoon with some sea creatures.

Until next time. (which is hopefully soon, haha)
Peace

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! Penguins always smell but the pictures are beautiful. Next time I want to see the kimchi museum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been there! thought it was pretty cool too! did you know that there's another one in the 63 Bldg? only maybe not as big...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Trisha- I'll keep the kimchi museum on the list. Though I can't say I'm more interested in spicy cabbage than giant turtles.

    @Cynthia- I'll def be gettin to the 63 Bldg before I head stateside. I heard they have a Wax museum too lol

    ReplyDelete