Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Have A Nice Trip To Korea. You're Passed.

That's what the guy at the Korean Consulate in Chicago told me after my visa interview. So they're gonna process my visa, stamp my passport and mail it back to me at the end of the week. In case you haven't heard, I'm getting things in order. I bought a big suitcase and compression bags to squeeze in my clothes. I bought a power converter and adapter for my electronics. And I'm in the midst of booking my flight.

HOWEVER, that whole thing about arriving in Seoul on May 15th...not happening. A minor setback will have me arriving in Korea on May 22nd, a week later, instead. My visa won't be processed in time for me to leave this week, so May 15th isn't feasible. Pushing my arrival back a week shouldn't be a huge problem though. Honestly, I NEED this extra week to get my whole life in order. I'm not freaking out or anything, but yo...I'm going to KOREA!!!

Anyways, I just wanted you all to know that it's happening. It's REALLY happening. Just a week later than planned. I might go into hiding for the next week. Get nice and cozy with Netflix, until I'm forced to leave and cancel my account. Or maybe I'll sneak out and see a few more people before I leave. I'm terrible at goodbyes.

Look out for my next post around flight time.

1 comment:

  1. nervous but excited?
    :) i'm excited for you! take pictures and please don't become too busy too blog!

    ReplyDelete